Mary Wanless will be giving a Clinic which will run from 8.30 a.m. until 5 p.m. from the 14th until the 16th of March at Palhagueiras, 2560-044 A. Dos Cunhados close to Torres Vedras in Portugal.
We can arrange accommodation for Clients and their horses or Clients may use one of our own horses. Riders must attend the three days. Spectators and those attending the workshop are recommended to attend all three days and to watch as much as possible as you will learn so much. There are various options:-
- 3 private lessons of 45 minutes each – 420 Euros
- 3 shared lessons of one hour each – 320 Euros each
- Spectator at 25 Euros per day or 60 Euros for the 3 days.
- Workshop (11.30 – 12.30) 25 Euros per day or 60 Euros for the 3 days.
- Workshop + Spectator 45 Euros per day or 100 Euros for the 3 days
- Light refreshments will be provided and lunch available at a local restaurant but the latter is not included in the prices.
- 50% Deposit must be paid to secure your place and should you be unable to attend for any reason, you are responsible for finding a replacement although we will make every effort to assist.
- Riders are kindly requested to NOT wear black breeches as this makes it more difficult for Mary to assess your body movements.
Mary Wanless is an internationally renowned coach, and is the author of the ‘Ride With Your Mind’ books, which have been translated into many languages. She has also authored 8 DVDs. She coaches riders at all levels.
DID YOU KNOW THAT MARY:
Rode with the late Nuno Oliveira, and over the years she has spent many months training in Portugal.Mary also rode in Germany with the late Egon Von Neindorff.
She has trained in Germany with Hans Heinrich Meyer-Zu-Strohen.
Her Lusitano gelding ‘Quite’ is pictured on the cover of the ‘Ride With Your MInd Clinic’ book. She has also owned a wonderful thoroughbred (pictured on the cover of the ‘Essentials’ book), a Welsh cob, and has more recently paired herself with a gift-horse, the American Warmblood ‘Merlot’ who is a Trakehner/Holsteiner cross.
In her late twenties, she sold her first horse ‘Cat Weazel’ who went on to become a stalwart of the British Young Riders Dressage Team.
Her coaching career in the USA began in 1991 with an invitation to speak at the California Dressage Society annual meeting. She has also spoken at the US Dressage Federation’s Annual Convention.
She considers that public speaking is her only talent. Whilst she is unusally good at coaching, riding and writing, these are all learnt skills.
She has known Kyra Kyrklund and her husband Richard White for many years, and taught Richard before he left the UK to became Kyra’s partner. Over the years, Richard and Mary have frequently collaborated over the biomechanics of riding. Now, however, Richard teaches Mary! He also coached the riders who were 4th, 5th, 7th and 10th in the Hong Kong Olympics – which just shows what coaching based on rider biomechanics can achieve!
Mary has coached US dressage star Heather Blitz for over 17 years. Mary and Heather now have a recriprocal coaching relationship, and Heather has brought to the RWYM approach her own unique ways of solving training issues by ‘getting through to’ horses of all types and dispositions. She is a genius at it, and Mary considers her our best living example of correct rider biomechanics!
Rua do Forno, nº 60 – Alto de Esteveira
Telf: (+351) 261 933 351
Telm:(+351) 966 036 933