Dazzling Line-up of Entertainment at the FEI World Cup™ Finals Omaha 2017
A dazzling line-up of entertainment attractions will add to the excitement of the FEI World Cup™ Finals Omaha 2017. The Finals, featuring the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping and the FEI World Cup™ Dressage Finals Omaha 2017, are set to host visitors from around the world at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska, March 29-April 2.
Equestrian sports’ most prestigious annual indoor championship for jumping and dressage horses, the FEI World Cup™ Finals Omaha 2017 draws the top names in the sport from all over the globe. The FEI World Cup™ Finals Omaha 2017, the biggest event on this year’s international equestrian calendar as 70 of the world’s top riders representing 25 countries, including Olympic, World and European Champions, compete for the coveted titles in front of 60,000 fans from all 50 states and 20 countries.
The Equestrian Event of the Year is also the “Party of the Year.” Make the most of the 5 days with the all-session ticket packages on sale now. The best part of major sports championships is the tailgate party that goes with it. The tailgate party is a great sports tradition, and the tailgate party has arrived for the equestrian world!
“We hope our visitors have one of the most enjoyable and fun experiences they’ll always remember,” said Lisa Roskens, Chairman of the Omaha Equestrian Foundation. “In addition to the world’s best horses and riders competing for the championship, we have a phenomenal line-up of non-stop entertainment from top equestrians.”
Phenomenal Lineup of Live Entertainment
Germany’s Isabell Werth, the most decorated Dressage rider in Olympic history, headlines The “Dressage Showcase” on Friday, March 31 beginning at 3:00 pm. “Young Horses to Grand Prix with Olympic Champion Isabell Werth Presented by the Dressage Foundation” will feature Werth and two young horses (5-7 years old), a Small Tour horse and a young Grand Prix horse. Werth will explain her training methods while bringing a young horse up the levels through to the highest level of dressage – the Grand Prix. It will be the Olympic Champion’s first-ever exhibition of this type in the U.S.
Tristan Tucker, an Australian horsemanship guru, will do “Fun Dressage,” a comedy Grand Prix and the U.S. Paralympic Team with riders from the Rio Paralympics will perform a Quadrille. There will be “Fun Freestyles” from Lynn Palm, a renowned clinician who has applied dressage principles to a variety of breeds and disciplines; Sabine Schut-Kery, a Gold medalist at the 2015 Pan American Games; Jackie Brooks, a two-time Canadian Olympic veteran; Missy Fladland, a local Small Tour competitor; and Barbara “Bebe” Davis, the highest-ranked U.S. Young Rider.
The “Dressage Natural Horsemanship Clinic” takes place on Saturday, April 1 following the Dressage Freestyle sound check. This time Tristan Tucker will demonstrate his TRT Method of training a horse to be confident and relaxed. Lynn Palm will perform ground work with horses and Missy and Kip Fladland will demonstrate horsemanship techniques successful in both Western and English disciplines.
Exceptional Educational Exhibits
The Horse Discovery Zone offers a hands-on learning area including the Runza Gallery of Breeds, Riding Style Museums, Durham Museum, Omaha Children’s Museum, Henry Doorly Zoo, Blacksmith Shop, Wheelwright, The Tack Room, and U.S. Pony Clubs. The Demonstration Arena sponsored by Colorado State University will offer educational demonstrations throughout the day by the U.S. Pony Club , including presentations on styles of riding, Parade of Breeds, vaulting, Pony Club Games, long-lining, grooming, driving and so much more! The Canadian-based Equimania! offers youth education stations and interactive displays including anatomy, dental, evolution, skeleton in motion, Tree of Life, digestive tract, nutrition and water, horse behavior and colors, grooming, safety. These family-friendly educational exhibits are free and open to the public.
The entire CenturyLink Center will be hopping Thursday through Saturday night. Live bands, food and drink, pony races and high-end shopping will entertain the crowd until 11:00 p.m. each evening.
The Horse Discovery Zone Theater at the CenturyLink will host presentations of 27 domestic and international short films and documentaries from the 2016 Equus Film Festival as well as a selection of horse-related programs. Short films will be screened at the CenturyLink Wednesday through Sunday. Full length feature films will be shown at two matinees daily at the Marcus Midtown Cinema at the nearby Midtown Crossing. 1:00-5:30 p.m. Shuttle services will be provided from the CenturyLink Center Omaha. Some film names are: Slow and Steady Wins the Race: The Story of Laura Graves and Diddy; Horse Shelter Diaries; The Four Horsemen; Unbridled; Dancing with Mustangs; Albion the Enchanted Stallion; American Cowgirl; and Hordur to name a few.
The event’s unique Boutique Shopping Village and Tailgate Lounge were designed specifically around the warm-up arena so that visitors will be able to browse, shop and dine while watching the world’s elite competitors warm up their horses. Over 140 vendors will be on hand boasting wares ranging from top-of-the-line equestrian products for both horse and rider, barn equipment and FEI World Cup™ Finals Omaha 2017 merchandise to stunning jewelry, beautiful artwork and the latest in fashions. Spectators will be able to shop-till-they-drop while enjoying all the action!
• Wednesday, March 29, will feature the Dressage Familiarization at 9:30 a.m. and the Jumping Training Session at 2:00 p.m.
• Thursday, March 30, the USAF Heartland of American Band will perform opening ceremonies for the FEI World CupTM Dressage Grand Prix which starts at 2:00 p.m. The University of Nebraska at Omaha Jazz Ensemble will perform opening ceremonies for the Longines World CupTM Jumping Final I (Jumping Speed Class) at 7:00 p.m. Omaha Steaks is sponsoring all opening ceremonies for the jumping competition.
• Friday, March 31, the multi-faceted Dressage Showcase starts at 3:00 p.m. Opera Omaha will perform the Omaha Steaks opening ceremonies for the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final II (Grand Prix) which begins at 7:00 p.m.
• Saturday, April 1, the Dressage Natural Horsemanship Clinic will be held at 9:00 a.m. (following the Freestyle sound check), with the Rose Theater performing opening ceremonies for the FEI World Cup™ Dressage Final (Freestyle to Music) – the event determining the 2017 FEI World Cup™ Dressage Final Winner – beginning at 2:00 p.m. Mannheim Steamroller will perform the Omaha Steaks opening ceremonies for the International Omaha Jumping Grand Prix competition at 7:00 p.m.
• Sunday, April 2, the Omaha Symphony will perform for the Omaha Steaks opening ceremonies for the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final III competition which will begin at 2:00 p.m. This ultimately decides who will be crowned the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final Omaha 2017 Winner. The Omaha Symphony and Opera Omaha will perform for the closing ceremonies.
Source: FEI press release